Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where did these 2 weeks go!!

I cant believe today was my last day at Carpio! These 2 weeks literally flew. Lately, theyve been hardcore getting their English learn on and it feels great! One day, I made them copies of a face and we added English words in and then they created their own on the back. They had a great time with that. And today, we took it a step further with phrases on flash cards... Hi, how are you, what is your name, my name is..., how old are you, i am.... years old. It was so great to hear them talking to each other using these phrases. They definitely had a great time. I managed to snap a few last shots of the little guys there over the past couple days, so here they are!




Those eyes!

Noemi, the Pastors daughter, and I


We took about 35 of these, give or take


These girls looooved the camera

Las chicas, so pretty!

Jump rope is always HUGE hit!
Love how this came out!

So cute!
The boys and fairie checkers heh
Part of me feels like this is over, but I need to stop and think about the ENTIRE week I have ahead of me! Get ready...
Tomorrow, Im taking a day tour to Tortuguero, which is on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. We travel over both land and water to get there, as the only way to get TO Tortuguero is via canal! It gets its name from the tortugas, turtles, who nest there every year. This is prime nesting time, and while well be there during the day, I hope to catch a glimpse of SOMETHING turtle!
After that, were headed to a different spot on the Caribbean coast, Cahuita. Im excited to eat some Caribbean food and relax on the beach. Were also staying at a place called Spencers Seaside Lodge, which I think is cool enough in itself.
From there, weve got a LOOONG day of traveling as we return the 3 hours from Cahuita, through San Jose and continue on the 4 hours to Volcon Arenal. Yep, a volcano! We plan on doing a night tour of the volcano... to see the sparks and visit the hotsprings. The local town, La Fortuna, even has waterfalls, so weve got our fun cut out for us!
Now that Ive spent a lot of time in San Pedro, San Jose and Carpio, Im excited to get out in nature... take in the sights and let loose a little bit. Beautiful pictures to come, Im sure... but I think youll be waiting until Im back home in Nueva York en los Estados Unidos.
HUGS TO ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment