Monday, July 26, 2010

la cuidad que nunca duerme!

I'm home now, safe & sound... but my blog is NOWHERE near done! I've got a ton more stories & loads of pictures to get on here once I get settled.

I'm excited to even go back & add information I'd breezed over. Is that allowed in blog-land?? :)

My trip home was without effect: airport tax, customs x3 & rides to & from the airport that fell so nicely into place. It was sad leaving Costa Rica... a place so different, but yet became so second nature to me in my time there. Like throwing toilet paper in garbage cans, rather the bowl (I still attempt to do this!), not daring to step off the curb with a car even 100m in sight, getting dark at 5:45pm, sudden, intense downpours... and the way the mountains looked in the distance past San Jose & the surrounding area.

Left now are stories, memories & ridiculous pictures of monkey after monkey, sedentary sloth after sedentary sloth. They're funny to look at.

The people I met, who quickly became my Tico family, were difficult to say bye to. My only hope is that our paths cross again... for they made my experience all the more worthwhile, fun, exciting & enjoyable. I miss you guys!!

But at last, I return again, to la cuidad que nunca duerme, & oh, how nice that feels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment