Friday, July 23, 2010

Interbus, going my way

(Im back at my homestay in San Pedro & Ill do my best to catch up on the last week!!)

Brittany, Christina & I spent a good while debating our route from Cahuita to Arenal, La Fortuna. We could take 6 different local buses, totaling 9 hours, or 2 buses going through San Jose & different bus stops, totaling 10 hours. How do you choose when both options are just SO good!!!

Luckily for us, we stumbled upon an Interbus service. Theyre a semi-private van that goes inbetween most major destinations, hotel to hotel. With our pockets only $49 less & way less than a half of our anticipated time, we traveled across the country in just over 4 hours. We had AC, a couple stops along the way at sodas & room to spread out.

Lets chat a minute about these rest stops, sodas. Nowhere have I ever seen a rest area with a formal seating area, a counter with gum & candy, a full menu, ice cream bars AND bathrooms. Others without full menus have an impresive spread of food--rice, beans, plantains a couple ways, meat, chicken, salads, fish, stew... Also, adding to the fun, they dont have walls, which is not different than many places here, but different from home for sure! Usually, a 4 hour trip stops at 2 of these stops for about 15-20 minutes each. I always get super excited when we go & ice cream bars never tasted as good as they do from them!

The more I travel, the more I feel like Im really getting a hang of this stuf. My Spanish has improved tremendously & its so great to be faced with a language barrier & be able to overcome it. More to come on that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment